CONEJO VALLEY UNITED
The Conejo Valley is a region spanning both Southeastern Ventura County and Northwestern Los Angeles County in Southern California, United States.
Located in the Northwestern part of the Greater Los Angeles Area, communities in the Conejo Valley are Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, Westlake Village, Oak Park, Agoura Hills, Woodland Hills, Lake Sherwood, and Calabasas.
Conejo Valley is one of the best places to live in the United States.
PLAY & Player
THE PLAYER IS THE PRIORITY
All decisions will be made based on what is best for that specific individual person.
This extends into our playing style.
No youth player can grow to his full potential without attempting to win through an attacking possession oriented style.
We will attempt to learn from the mistakes that will surely be made competing with this more complicated approach.
Since this is what is best for the long term development of each individual this strategy will be employed by all teams at all times.
AGE GROUP PLAYER COMPETENCIES
Learning to love the game
Heavy emphasis on ball mastery
Ball striking with different surfaces
1v1 dribbling and ball protection
Understands basic offensive and defensive structure of CVU style of play
Experience different positions
Play 60 minute game
AGE GROUP COACHING GOALS
Training x3 per week
Futsal x1 per week
90 minute training sessions
Repetition of technique with decision-making components
1.UNITY THROUGH UNIFORMITY
- Players/coaches wearing same training gear and uniforms with club logo.
- Use Universal Language
- Implement same age appropriate curriculum
- Club prioritizes coaches continuing education by helping with half of the course fees.
- Coaches given opportunities to attend seminars, conventions, online classes, etc.
- Common language
- Coaches and players use same terms so we can easily interchange coaches or players and be on the same page.
- Spirit gear (noticeable in our community, state, country, world)
- Sweats, canopies, flags, stickers, team bench